- 2 strips sugar-free, nitrate-free bacon
- 1/4 cup roasted unsalted pecan halves, chopped (eyeball this, you can really use as much/little as you want)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 large crisp apples cored and sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- dash of ground clove
- dash of nutmeg
- zest from 1/4 lemon (about 1/4 teaspoon)
- pinch of salt
- Cut bacon crosswise into 1/4 inch pieces, and place them in a large cold skillet. Turn the heat tio medium-high and fry the bacon until crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from the pan with a spoon and drain on a paper towel.
- Wipe the grease out of the skillet, put it back on the heat and add the chopped pecans. Stir until toasted, careful not to burn, about 3-4 minutes then remove from pan.
- In the same skillet, heat the coconut oil, add the apple slices, and saute until they begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix the spices, lemon zest, and salt with a fork, then add to the apples. Continue cooking until apples are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon into a small dish or bowl and sprinkle with chopped pecans and bacon bits.
Thank me later. I do this because I love you.
I also signed Minnie up for Hoarders: Puppy Edition, she refuses to part with any toys. It's just sick really.