- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs wild caught salmon fillets (skin on)
- Mix the oil, orange juice, all the spices, and salt in a small bowl to form a marinade that is like the consistency of thick salad dressing. This will become a super yummy crust during grilling
- Grill the salmon skin side down for about 3 minutes dependinding on the thickness. The skin should be a little blackened and starting to seperate from the pink fish. Flip the filet and cook for about another three minutes.
- Remove skin and serve!
Cumin Roasted Carrots
- 1 lb fresh carrots
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- fresh mint, minced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Wash and peel the carrots, then cut them lengthwise into thin strips, about 1/4 inch wide. Toss them into a large bowl.
- With a fork, mix the cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in a microwave safe bowl. Add the coconut oil and nuke until melted (about 20 seconds)
- Pour the seasoned oil over the carrots and toss until they are evenly coated.
- Spread the carrots on a single layer on the baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes. They should be tender and slightly browned. Remove from the oven, squeeze fresh lemon juice over the top and garnish with mint leaves.