Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The "I Can't Believe These Are Paleo" Brownies

Tomorrow is February 1 which means Valentines Day is right around the corner! Get involved people. I love any holiday where my boyfriend is forced encouraged to send flowers and take me out to dinner.

 
via Pinterest

 
Chocolate is synonymous with Valentines Day. Did you know that chocolate triggers the endorphins of your brain that make you feel happy? I'm sure you did, which is why you should make these brownies for that special person who you've been admiring their Thrusters from afar. These will be sure to knock their Innov8s off. Ok, I've gone too far...here we go.

 
The "I Can't Believe These Are Paleo" Brownies
Ingredients
  • 2 C almond butter (this will be more than 1 jar depending on size)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 ripe banana
  • 1/2 C maple syrup
  • 1/2 C beet sugar (this and the maple syrup are paleo-ish/primal, steer clear of this recipe if you are doing strict 30 day challenge, otherwise this should be a treat)
  • 1/4 C coconut oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 6 oz unsweetened dark chocolate
  • Optional: 1/2 C chocolate chips (I found a dairy/soy free brand at whole foods called Enjoy Life)

Instructions
  •  Melt chocolate on a double boiler or in the microwave and set-aside to cool for several minutes. This is important. If you melt the chocolate directly on the stove it will burn and taste bad
  • Mix all ingredients together (except any optional additions) with an electric mixer. Smash the banana before adding.
  • Spoon into a coconut oil greased (lighly, I wipe it on with a paper towel) cupcake/muffin pans. I'm sure you could do it in a pan and slice once cooled but I like it this way since they are already portioned out! Side note, a lot of Paleo deserts I have tried tend to crumble if you try to fuss with them too much (such as cut into pieces). This is why I like to use muffin pans a lot.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15
  • Cool before removing from tin.


Hope you enjoy!


P.S. This is my kitchen assistant, Minnie. RNCF mascot, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you literally kill fat by consuming Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from large medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete