Thursday, January 3, 2013

Fruity Green Smoothie

Happy New Year loves! I'm so sorry for my extended absence. Between the hustle and bustle of the holidays, extra-crazy workload in the office, and a quick getaway to Florida, this little blog had to be shelved for a while. Thankfully, I know my new schedule will allow me to devote more time to River North Paleo Girl and hopefully give you some new and healthy ideas to keep your New Years eating goals on track!

I am not the "resolution" type, and I think the way some people approach them almost sets themselves up for failure from the start. I love my Paleo lifestyle but I will not say I resolve to eat that way for 365 days in 2013. It's not realistic and I know I would fail. Instead I write intentions for the year as well as make plans that can be checked off lists (I love lists) and set goals. I have many intentions, plans, and goals for myself but in case you need some inspiration, here is an example of each...
INTENTION: Laugh Daily
PLAN: Add Yoga 1x a week into my Crossfit routine
GOAL: Accomplish my first Muscle Up!!
I'd love to hear some of your intentions, plans, or goals in the comments section!

Another thing I am trying to do is eat breakfast more often. It's true that it is the most important meal of the day, and lately oversleeping or laziness has kept me from starting my days out right. No more!

This fruity green smoothie is adapted from a recipe I saw online, but tweaked to make more Paleo! If you are trying to cut fruit, obviously this isn't the smoothie for you. I have another Kale paleo smoothie with less fruit in it that I will be posting in the upcoming week so stay tuned!

I enjoyed this smoothie very much, and I hope you do too!



Ingredients
1 1/4 cup coconut water
1/2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1/2 of a small bunch or 1/3 of a large bunch of spinach
1/2 apple, chopped
1/2 pear, chopped
1/2 banana
1 teaspoon coconut oil
Juice of 1/4 lemon

Directions
  1. Add coconut water, chopped head of romaine, and spinach to blender
  2.  Blend at a low speed until smooth
  3. Add celery, apple and pear and blend at high speed
  4. Add banana, coconut oil, and lemon juice and blend again until smooth.
  5. Enjoy immediately!

2 comments:

  1. Having Problems STICKING with your Paleo Diet?

    Do you want to eat some tasty recipes as soon as TONIGHT?

    Check out the: Paleo Hacks Cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    This means that you actually kill fat by consuming Coconut Fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete